How BAD TV has gotten?

Quote:
Oh me too! It just should be on that channel with has beens like Leif Garret or Erikson or whatever and That ice skater who has knees broken.
lol.png

I love to watch the ID channel too.
smile.png
And Golden Girls and Touched by an Angel on Hallmark.

So it is not all bad, just worse than it used to be.

One thing that always made me wonder was the Neilson report . . . it would report that such and such % of people liked this show or that show, or this show (and it never failed, it was one that I just loved beyond anything else on at that time) was going to be cancelled because of the Neilson Report. I never was asked by Mr. N to give my opinion!! And if there is one thing I am full of its opinions!!!!
lol.png

In Feb of 2009, when my DH was unemployed/underemployed, we decided to turn the cable off. It was just too expensive. Luckily DH finally found a great job this past Feb - but I just haven't felt the need to turn the cable back on.

We have some rabbit ears and can get the PBS Kids channel for my 3 year old, other than that all we watch is select kids DVD's. I find myself much more productive (built chicken coop, started meal planning, took up crocheting and knitting, read a great deal more, took up canning ...).

Nothing y'all are saying here is tempting me to shell out the cash again.
big_smile.png

"How BAD TV has gotten?" I don't watch it anymore
tongue.png
I do like a few shows but I just use Hulu to watch them. Glee, Lost...think thats it. I've found a show called Drop Dead Diva and like that.
We had digital cable a few years ago, my mom got rid of it because of cost and we only lost a few channels going to..i think basic cable? But then got rid of that and now we just have a few channels.

Yep got rid of dish almost 2 years ago now I do miss like RDF tv, and some other shows but mostly just don't think about it.

Quote:
You forgot looking for UFOs and specials on the latest Dan Brown novel.

There are very few TV shows I watch, even with DirecTV.

Don't get me started on reality TV shows. I think a lot now are "scripted" or encouraged to yell and create conflict. Heck, why would we WANT to watch families that are functional? We might LEARN something from them.

I *have* watched Survivor in the past and the only reality show I watched begnning to end was "The Next Joe Millionaire" with that Texas cowboy guy in Europe (and that was mainly to watch horse footage).

Overall, just too many channels and too many idiots out there

In order to have TV where we are, you have to have cable. We turned it off years ago. There was so much mindless junk on. We don't miss it a bit. Saves money too.

Back
Top Bottom