How BAD TV has gotten?

I occasionally watch The Middle, Big bang theory and 20/20/Dateline dunno why were paying when everything we watch is on local channels
roll.png

History channel. Now should be called "Fake Sasquatch/Ghost Hunter/Conspiracy Theory/Alternate History Channel". 90% of the shows on there are about weird people believing opinions based on other opinions based on made up "facts". So frustrating. Even Discovery Channel is all game shows and reality shows about unreal situations.

What's TV?

Oh, you mean that thing we watch a movie on every couple of months?
tongue.png
big_smile.png

It's surprising how many other things there are to do besides TV. We haven't had cable for years because we just didn't watch it and decided to cancel it. We still don't miss it.

We have DISH, but it doesn't seem like there is much on tv ever. I usually ''watch'' music, like the Sirius music stations. I'll ''watch'' The Boneyard, Hair Nation, and Classic Vinyl and Classic Rewind, all older music channels. I like RFD-TV, and I was a sucker for American Idol, watch almost the whole season faithfully. Last fall, on one of the Catholic channels [I'm Christian, but NOT Catholic] there was a show called ''Theology of the Body for Teens''. It went on for 12 weeks, and I watched and DVRed it like it was my job. Best show ever. Unfortunately, its all lost now since we changed TV providers
sad.png

Quote:
Me and my dad were looking for something to watch and we came to that and my dad really wanted to watch it but guess what for some reason that channel wasn't working.
All i watch is USA and military channel because I don't have to worry about my parents coming in and freaking out on me for watching something bad. Seriously all my friends watch spike and mtv but i gave up on those because mtv is NOT music videos like it should be its just teen cribs and stuff like that and some other stuff I won't say because of the younger bycer and spike is just stupid stuff that's not worth my time. Oh and I watch a lot of fox news just because I'm really into politics and that's my passion.

A.T. Hagan :

I've never seen a TV that did not have an 'off' button somewhere on it.

I turned mine off about twelve years ago. Got a good deal of my life back.

I couldn't agree more! We gave away our last tv about 6 or 7 years ago and haven't missed it a bit.​

A.T. Hagan :

I've never seen a TV that did not have an 'off' button somewhere on it.

I turned mine off about twelve years ago. Got a good deal of my life back.

I could not agree more. After we turned it off, it was like coming out of a trance.

I've noticed in our area, our kids and us spend a lot of time outside. When it snowed, which it rarely does in the south, they made snowmen..and puppies and kittens. Now, when it is hot, they swim or do other things. Many of their friends are glued to a TV.​

Back
Top Bottom