How big should 3 week Cornish Cross be?

I orginally planned to hang it (you can see the eye screws), but have just been setting it on the ground. The idea was to be able to move the tractor without having to move the feeder everytime. My daughter feeds them in the morning, and it was too hard for her to get them out when they were suspended. I love these feeders. I have another one in there made from a smaller diameter pipe that is 6' long. It will hold almost 15 pounds of feed.

You can see it here.
16513_102_5984.jpg

OK mine are definitely behind. They are only about .75lb each. Granted I wanted them to grow a bit more slowly, but not quite that slow.

Quote:
Ok, mine look about the same size and level of development as yours. A friend of mine got some out of this same batch and is raising hers in confinement, and hers are the same exact size as mine are.

Quote:
Hi,
Cat food?? Why and what brand?

Joe

Costco's, no by-products or cheap crap in it. Just to boost the protein a bit, because I don't feed anything soy. It has a lot of estrogens in it and can contribute to metabolic issues, ED in men, early puberty in girls, and liver problems.

So mine will grow more slowly than chickens fed a commercial diet that is very high in soy meal, but I would rather that than feed them soy.

Back
Top Bottom