How can I get more eggs

Were they laying previous to the last 2 weeks?
How long have you had them?

They were laying one egg some days or some days none
...and how long have you had these birds?
If you want help solving this mystery/problem, you really neeed to provide more info.
Oh and, how many chickens?

Hiya,
Can I suggest you ring them out or leave a recipe for Duck a L’Orange hanging about with some oranges 😂
Sorry 😔 I couldn’t resist it, please forgive me,
Bad Debby 😢
Hugz

Egg production is directly regulated by the amount of daylight they get. You can't feed them anything to increase production no matter what anyone may say
Almost true, but I think not quite.

If they have an actual deficiency of some sort, that can stop them laying. Feeding the right food to fix the deficiency can let them start laying again.

Deficiencies that make them stop laying will probably be pretty obvious things: not enough food, not enough protein, something like that. A lack of calcium might do that as well.

If they have as much food as they want to eat, of any feed labeled as a "complete feed" for any age or category of chickens, then they probably do not have any deficiency that would make them stop laying.

Last edited:
Check the label on your feed bag for milling date and percentage of protein and possible mould (strange smell?)
Where exactly are you storing the feed and how much do your chickens and ducks eat every day?

They need about 110-130 grams of feed per bird per day depending on breed, age and body weight.

Check the label on your feed bag for milling date and percentage of protein and possible mould (strange smell?)
Where exactly are you storing the feed and how much do your chickens and ducks eat every day?

They need about 110-130 grams of feed per bird per day depending on breed, age and body weight.
They are just getting ground up corn from last years harvest

Back
Top Bottom