how can i get my dog to eat his food?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like trying to drive through a road block on here...

1. STOP CHANGING THE FOOD.
Your dog does not need his food changed all the time. YOU are making him sick. Stop changing the food and his stomach will calm down.

2. STOP GIVING TABLE SCRAPS.
You are making him sick. YOU are causing him to not eat. Stop giving treats and he WILL eat his dog food.

3. DO YOUR HOMEWORK.
This means, LEARN what your dog NEEDS. Dogs eat meat. Look for something with meat.

4. Because it's important: STOP CHANGING HIS FOOD!
Pick a food and stick with it. Dogs are not like humans. They can eat the same food every day and NOT get bored with it.

they do get bored of it myne does and dont worry i am getting a new food soon and then i will stick with it for a while

I've had my dogs on the same food for the last 2 years. They are as excited about it as ever.

How long is YOUR while? Why not go longer than 6 months? Or a year on a single food. If you notice something is still wrong (bad gas, diarrhea, bloating) THEN change it. Doing the constant changes is going to do much more harm than good. If he is eating this food, why change it?

Dogs eat dog food

Humans eat human food

Dogs eating human food will NOT eat dog food

Feed your dog DOG food and NO MORE human food. Two things will happen:

1. The dog WILL eat its food
2. The dog will starve to death

I have NEVER SEEN #2 happen...EVER!!

NO MORE:

table scraps
table leavings
table anything

'nuff said. closed topic.

Whatever you heard or read that says the food needs to be changed up, you need to forget about it
and take all the wonderful advise given to you here. Your asking for all this advice, we give it (GREAT
advice to!) and then you disagree with it and ask more questions. STOP changing the dog's food, it's
NOT good for their stomach. Your dog is NOT getting bored of the food, he simply is spoiled to table
scraps. Dog food is NOT to be changed up every few months, period.

Last edited:
right if some one ansew this question with a yes or a no i dont want a long paragraph saying ive been told just say yes or no, Is it ok to change his food for the last time if i introduce it to him?

If this is the food you will stick to, yes, it's ok. If you read through the many paragraphs posted, you'll find the answer in nearly all of them...

Last edited:
i am not leaving my dog on the same food for 17 years no way!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom