How can I keep my biddies’ water clean?

HomeTweetHome1

In the Brooder
Aug 20, 2019
Mobile, AL
I have 2 chicks, about 2 weeks old I’d say, as well as a couple ducklings. They are constantly soiling their water. I’m changing it every couple hours or so now... I’m wondering if there’s any way I can keep their water clean, litter dry, and avoid waking up to thirsty chicks at 4:30 in the morning.

I have 2 chicks, about 2 weeks old I’d say, as well as a couple ducklings. They are constantly soiling their water. I’m changing it every couple hours or so now... I’m wondering if there’s any way I can keep their water clean, litter dry, and avoid waking up to thirsty chicks at 4:30 in the morning.
I find a vertical water nipple, attached to a plastic soda bottle works very well.

Same. I provide some water in chick waterer with stones in it for a few days. I have a vertical nipple waterer in there as well, and take out the floor chick waterer when everyone has the hang of the vertical nipples. Then they are trained on any kind of nipple waterer you wish to use down the road.

I was going to separate them soon. I know that ducks need to keep their mucous membranes wet, and that’s why I was putting off buying a nipple waterer or something of the sorts. I’m out of town for the weekend and have someone taking care of them. They’ll continue to change the water as much as needed, and when I get home, I’ll separate them and fix something up.

Back
Top Bottom