How could someone do this?

I have been without wifi because a tree fell and ripped wiring from my house. I will get pictures tomorrow. He's standing well now. Just so afraid. Tomorrow I'm gonna try to let him out of the cage so he can scratch a bit.
He's standing on it great now. Maybe he was just weak when he was first brought me. He looks like an old man. He gets more color to his comb everyday. He was sounding off a little today, but not crowing. I think there may still be some powder stuck in his throat. He's eating and drinking well. I wanted to bring him out of the cage today but he's so scared. He's not clambering into a corner tonight, so maybe tomorrow. I want to trim his spurs. But need someone to help me with that. I don't want him freaking out and injuring me or himself. He has the sharpest I've seen.

Attachments

• 20230502_183238.jpg
    20230502_183238.jpg
    782.2 KB · Views: 7
  • 20230502_183246.jpg
    20230502_183246.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 7
  • 20230502_183253.jpg
    20230502_183253.jpg
    601.5 KB · Views: 10
He's standing on it great now. Maybe he was just weak when he was first brought me. He looks like an old man. He gets more color to his comb everyday. He was sounding off a little today, but not crowing. I think there may still be some powder stuck in his throat. He's eating and drinking well. I wanted to bring him out of the cage today but he's so scared. He's not clambering into a corner tonight, so maybe tomorrow. I want to trim his spurs. But need someone to help me with that. I don't want him freaking out and injuring me or himself. He has the sharpest I've seen.
I don’t know anything about chickens and roosters but he looks a bit better than the original picture you showed.

He looks and sounds like he's doing better. :)

On a side note, I'd like to know about his beak. I'm wondering if he'll need it filed down some.

Photos of the spurs?

He's not looking too bad.

When you get a chance, take a look inside his beak to see if he does still have some of the powder stuck inside his beak.

His beak looks o.k. to me.

Spurs may need to be trimmed, they can naturally become pointed on their own.
No one files them intentionally sharp, that's not the way that world works.

Is he a bantam? And you say his spurs are very sharp. Is it possible they have been filed or intentionally sharpened?
that's what I'm thinking. He's an older bird. you can tell his spurs have been trimmed, but they come to a very sharp point. I have no idea what breed he is. He is long and slender. He's lost a lot of feathers, maybe plucked? A lot are broken from being tossed from the vehicle.
Does his beak look overgrown? Does he eat okay? Good luck with him.
yes! I am a fairly new chicken mom. I'm still learning, but I was thinking this bird may need his beak trimmed. He does eat good.

I know you can't see the spurs here. He started to freak out a little so I stopped taking pictures. I want to get him out of that cage so he can walk about a bit, but I need help... if I can't get these teenager's to help me, I will see if I can find someone in the neighborhood. Another chicken parent.

Back
Top Bottom