How creeped out should I be by our bananas right now?

I like spiders too... but not in my food!
wink.png

I gotta confess......I never could make it through Beetlejuice.
smile.png

I LOVE SPIDERS!!! there are actually banana spiders here in florida, so they don't bother me. I love taking pictures of them, they are really beautiful! I will post a few so you know what they look like!

I love spiders, too. I bet what you are talking about are the ones I call Whistler spiders....the big black and yellow ones with the zig-zag web? They are one of my favorites. It appears that this type of banana spiders are not the same thing at all.

I had a pair of large hairy spiders in a brand new loaf of bread once! :: shudders ::

I am gonna assume you didn't eat that bread??????

EXACTLY Guitarists!!!!!!​

Last edited:
The "Banana Spiders" in the southeast, like FL, GA etc. ...those are not the same as the ones coming in on the bananas. They are beautiful, though ..and great photography subjects
smile.png

My (still) worthless ex-boyfriend said not to worry about the spiders and mites. He works in invasive species and really didn't seem concerned about this, so just check for bugs before you buy.

At least you know that the bananas didn't have so much pesticide on them that the spiders and mites couldn't live on them.

YEARS ago they had a batch of cacti come in to Frank's Nursery that were full of Tarantula eggs. I guess they were hatching out of the pots in peoples homes! Maybe urban legend to some extent...but the place was sealed down tight and fumigated shortly after.

Back
Top Bottom