How did this happen.......................????????????????????

mmajw

Songster
11 Years
Jan 31, 2008
Maine
I have had chickens for several years meat and layers. Then all of a sudden I decided to get more. Then I found this website, got even more layer chicks. Decided to get more than the normal amount for me of meat birds. Now I have DH making a new LARGER coop. To top it all off I just ordered fertile eggs to try and hatch with my kids.

How did this happen? I went from just having a few and liking it to now I cant get enough and loving it.

Just had to share my little vent.

I'm sure I don't know what you're talking about...
hu.gif

(Hehehe, now we have you, my pretty...
muttley.gif
)

Hope you're DH is adding lots of room to your coop because if you stay on here you'll end up with chickens running out your ears!!!! At least you're in good company, huh?!!! LOL

It happens to the best of us. I started with 9 now I have 29 and just ordered 12 fertile eggs for my broody to hatch.
th.gif
Someone please tell me how this happens:he I really think it must be love:love

I started with 10 (about) freebies that the old owners of my house didn't want. Now those are long gone (weasel or coon) and I have almost 30. I have 5 in the bator (origanally 9) and even some ducks. I want some guineas, and some bantam chickens. Its an obsession, but I love it.

I started out with a momy with 5 babies.... Now I have 47 chickens (3 hens siting with 36 eggs)and an incubator about to be filled.... Watch out it happens quick.. and right in front of you.

Don't feel bad. I started with none and now I have 25 and getting 2 guineas and possibly a turkey in less than 2 months. Go figure. but i
love.gif
them each and every one.

:lol:Chickens Happen. We started out with 10 grown laying hens and now we have 12 laying hens 11 australorps almost 2 months old, 19 cuckoo marans that are 6 weeks old 5 bantys of which one is sitting 5 eggs 2 barred cochins 1 hen and 1 roo she is sitting on 18 eggs and a welsummer roo that we are fixing to put with his two hens and my hubby is on his way home with a hovabator to hatch some of our and our nephews banty eggs that the hens won't brood. It's an addiction a good addiction.

Last edited:
wait.....we started out with 10 a year ago.....now we have 46 or 56
hu.gif
(Can't remember anymore)... and soon ALL of your friends will be getting chickens..... Two of ours are now chicken addicted and there is a third...(family member) on the way....
big_smile.png

They are like potatoe chips.....can't just have one!!!!
ep.gif
roll.png
wee.gif

Back
Top Bottom