How did we do for our first coop? Any suggestions? Almost finished

Ok, so I’ve been slammed at work, trying to get the house and yard ready and haven’t been posting the updates. I greatly appreciate all the insight. I added more ventilation and have another set of aluminum vents to install on the big door permanently en route. We picked up our girls last Sunday and after one week, Saturday afternoon we got two eggs. I guess that means they are happy?! Unfortunately not in the nesting boxes though…. I noticed that perhaps they were too cozy? We removed a bunch of stuff last night and simplified the access. Hoping today is different.

We installed our homeade auto door and I filmed it this morning to make sure it opened on time. But I don’t know how to post a video yet. So here is the eggs

Attachments

• 31852BB3-4B9C-41C9-8302-38B9E803519A.jpeg
    31852BB3-4B9C-41C9-8302-38B9E803519A.jpeg
    253.4 KB · Views: 1
Ok, so I’ve been slammed at work, trying to get the house and yard ready and haven’t been posting the updates. I greatly appreciate all the insight. I added more ventilation and have another set of aluminum vents to install on the big door permanently en route. We picked up our girls last Sunday and after one week, Saturday afternoon we got two eggs. I guess that means they are happy?! Unfortunately not in the nesting boxes though…. I noticed that perhaps they were too cozy? We removed a bunch of stuff last night and simplified the access. Hoping today is different.
Do you have fake eggs in the nesting boxes? That will help them figure out where to lay. Ceramic eggs or even golf balls will work

Back
Top Bottom