How did you convince your spouses/ roommates?

chickenkate

In the Brooder
10 Years
Mar 2, 2009
East coast
I am having a hard time convincing mine, even though I've said I'll take complete care of them, they will save factory chickens, and will make fresh, chemical-free eggs, saving money! I need some advice!
roll.png

I wish you luck.
smile.png
I didn't really have to convince my husband...he just laughed and said something about a "mid-life crisis." haha! What you need to do is get the other person (your spouse or your roommate) to list all the negatives. Then you counter each negative with a positive or neutralize it by explaining how you'll handle it. There can't be that many negatives. You've covered the most obvious ones...add that you'll keep on top of the cleaning, thereby eliminating most of the unpleasantness of living near chickens.

big_smile.png

I hope you're the winner!

It really didn't take much. If I get many more, then I'll need help convincing!!

My wife is all for it but I think the main reason is, she wanted alpacas and we now have 16. My 21 chickens are nothing compared to her alpacas!!
big_smile.png

Bil

Honestly I am not sure how it happened. When I married DH and moved to his place in the country, I asked for chickens. He said no. That was it, no! Well one day about a year later he said, Lets go pick out some chickens! The next thing I knew he had built a "Chicken Palace". Now 1 year later we have twice the amount we started with and he has built me 2 incubators! We have 7 in the brooders and more in the bator!

Good luck!

Chickens are easy and awesome...what's the hang up with your spouse? i mean if you take care of them, they're yours.

you could make a deal with them, trade for some thing the spouse wants that you're not that into. Really. They'll like the chickens. Show them these posts!

CHICKENS RULE!!!

Ask for something way bigger like a diamond ring or a Buffalo. Then tell him you will settle for chckens. If he loves eggs, then purchase some farm fresh eggs from someone local and make him some great eggs. Then tell him that is what he is missing.
big_smile.png

I always use that: you get something i get something...you get a video game I get an incubator....if that doesn't work, cry
wink.png
I went from ok, 6 chickens to ok, well if you make room for them you can get them...
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom