How Did YOU Find BYC? Why Did YOU Join It? Tell Your Story HERE!

If I remember correctly......... I found BYC 4+ years ago, when I was researching chicken possession laws and city regs, when I lived elsewhere. I found an article that recommended BYC for the collections of laws and regs to be found on it.

And THEN, when DH said it was fish or cut bait time about doing something to get chickens - which meant build a coop from scratch, and build a run ditto - I started buying books. I'm up to about 5 or 6 books now, and they're great. One of them is where I got the plans for the coop. And I'd bookmarked a few other poultry sites over the years to browse leisurely through and gather tips. But I think ALL the tips on feeders to reduce waste and contamination, and waterers for same - they came from this site. The tips about run construction and predator proofing (or attempting to make them so) came from this site.

And since I was no longer just passively reading, but now I needed to actively ask questions, I had to join!
big_smile.png

Melinda

I was looking up information on chickens, housing, breed of my rooster, behavior, along with other chicken related stuff, this site kept popping up, I'm still trying to figure out what kind of rooster, besides a spaz ;-)
Kept lurking here in my spare time, I'm not one to join sites, I'm the lurker type, plus my husband decided to add a few chickens to our nut house, so I figured what the heck, and joined.

Back
Top Bottom