how did you start getting chickens for me it all started...

Since before i was even born my dad had chickens. and my grandparents before him. well ever since i could walk i was chasing chickens. i believe my first chicken. was a little 4 month old cockriel we got from a friend of my dads.. Well after getting him. i couldn't put a chicken down so ever since then (even after my dad got out of chickens a few months ago. ) I couldn't stand no having any. So i started getting some back in november.. Pretty much it. Could tell a huge long story but not at the moment.

then my daughter wanted a bator for Christmas to raise cockitails. I got the wrong one so I went on ebay to find a smaller one. AND guess what I found? Hatching eggs. So I kept the bator I got her and what was last Christmas. I now have 6 RIR's and 3 Barn yard mix outside. 18 rir's and riw's in the house and I'm picking up 6 more eggs tomorrow.
gig.gif

its that butterfly effect you do one thing and then it leads to anither just think if i didnt go get chukars i would not be writing this

i just wanted a few chickens to run around teh yard.. just for something to watch.. then we got thsi one we called blindie.. she was blind in one eye.. she followed us everywhere..then we decided to get more.. and more..then i wanted to show some at the fairs.. then we wanted to start showing in the bigger shows..then we wanted to get different breeds.. then we bougth a big incubator.. then we satrted hatching our own eggs and yea thats it for now lol

We always had them growing up and now we have finally got a place of our own in the country and settled down enough that I can have some.

I happened to run into an aol journal named "The New Chicken Chronicles" and fell in love with her chicken videos/pictures. Read it for a while...learned about this site from her and have searched for months at what type of chickens I wanted and placed an order with Ideal
smile.png
Now I got an incubator and have nine eggs set (also got these from that friend) which are due to hatch on May 28 and my chick order is due on March 23rd

It's kinda weird, actually.

Years and years ago, my parents had a peahen just "show up" at their house, and lived happily ever after...till something got her.

I had tossed the idea around of getting them a pair just to have around. Eventually, a friend of mine introduced me to a friend of hers who raised them. They were housed with a bunch of chickens, but I was afraid of them!!

The lady snatched up a silkie to show me, and from that day on, I was hooked. Did get the peafowl from her, in fact, moved them in a u-haul trailer.

Anyway, went to the co-op and got my first set a week later.

After we bought our house in March of 2004, I decided I wanted some chickens. My aunt in Montana had some and a friend here had some and I wanted some too.
gig.gif
My dh has not really on board at first but he has came around. I have one of my chickens still from the original batch.
hugs.gif

I wanted an animal that produced SOMETHING besides POOP! Seriously, how big of a manure pile do I really need??? I love ALL of my animals. They are my therapy in a crazy world. I have to say, my chickens are a lot of fun.

Back
Top Bottom