How did your chickens get there names :) *With Pictures of mine*

Christie Loves Silkies

Songster
8 Years
Sep 13, 2011
Centeral Victoria, Australia
out of all my chickens,I' going to have to choose my 9 week old silkie Lucky
smile.png

Okay so, Lucky is the last one left from my first ever lot of hatchings.
my hen hatched like 13 eggs for her first ever hatch
ep.gif

all of her bros/sisters died. there were no traces of feathers or anything, no little baby chicken parts.
they were dissappearing in the night/day time, nothing can get in or out of the coop.
as they slowly got down to having Lucky and 2 others left.
so i had them all living inside in a box next to my bed with the hen mind you this all happened in the middle of winter.
one day my mum took them outside to play and run around with the hen...
i got home from school...
i only had one left....
i was crying my eyes out at this point.
mum told me that a crow had came along and picked one of them up...
my mum then locked the other 2 up in the coop... and one went missing... she ran outside, and saved Lucky... thats how she got her name.

out of 13, only Little Lucky lived.

This is Lucky:
106490_p1040087.jpg

106490_p1040039.jpg

106490_p1040086.jpg

Wonderful portrait of a loving chicken owner. Lucky's story is incredible.

Well, I love a theme.

I wanted to name my flock The French Cuties and give them names like Saute', Pate', Soufflé, etc. But DH said no way.

And we tried a few other themes which he shot down. But he liked The Spice Girls as in spices you would find in your kitchen spice cabinet. So we now have Ginger, Pumpkin (we call her Punkin Pie) and Coco. We had a Poppy but she turned out to be a he.

And I'm already planning for the future and we'll have a Honey (Buff Orpington) and a Mrs. Dash (Barred Rocks).

We call their house Da Spice Cabinet.

We just have fun with it.

Lucky is a doll
love.gif
Our chicken names turned out to be pretty random because there were several people involved in the naming process. And my favorite hen names had to be switched to rooster names! Margaret Hatcher turned into Gregory Peck. And so on
smile.png

I love Saute! So cute!

Mine are all chicken dishes. Roast, Dumpling, Nugget, Salad, Burger, Jerk, Skillet, Piccata, Popcorn, Marsala, PEsto.... It goes on!
Here's a few.

CIMG4232.jpg

CIMG4226.jpg

Back
Top Bottom