How did your username originate?

Mine comes from an old song, all the words on my BYC page. I learned it when I was a kid. While I've forgotten many things I've never forgotten this song or the dance that goes with it.

chick (me)
4 (for)
chix (chickens)
Cause I LOVE chickens!!!
wee.gif

Quote:
When I was a kid (a long, LONG, time ago!), RIF stood for "reading is fun" or "reading is fundamental" ... IDK what it stands for now.

Reading is Fundamental is an organization that's been around since I , too, was little. They are dedicated to getting books into the hands of children who might otherwise not know the joy of owning their very own new book. I just did a search, and found their website (http://www.rif.org/ )

Meanwhile, back to the original question: My name is Nicola (that's pronounced NIC-o-la, not ni-CO-la, as other people with the same-spelled name pronounce theirs) and I have chickens, which I usually call my "chickies." For example, when I go out in the morning to let them out, I usually walk toward the coop almost-singing "Good Morning, Chickies". And I hear a response which prob'ly translates into "Okay, lady, good morning, now will you just let us get some fresh air and exercise?!"
D.gif
That's the not-very-imaginative source of my username.

I am "the funny farm" becouse most people are surprised that all my animals got along. Dogs, cats , chickens, rabbits, horses, and nobody ate each other. One of my favorite pictures that I took of my farm was my pit bull laying on the porch with a cat and chicken sitting on her! And also I make most things we use- from food to chap stick and laundry soap and people find that funny:confused:. And 6 well... that is our lucky # ... how many in our famly and we got married on the 6 th of feb.

7L it was my Grandfathers brand for his Black Angus Cows & the name on the deed of the farm. The farm now produces hay, veggies, eggs, & quail. Its small time only a hundred acres but a really beautiful place. Half the land was sold off after my Grandparents passed. My aunt sold her half.

My username originated from a chicken; named Mrs. Fluffy Puffy. R.I.P. Girl! Momma misses you!
hit.gif
love.gif
hugs.gif
I lost her about a week ago. The run fell dowm and crushed her and it broke her neck. I'm still heart-broken over it!
hit.gif

~Aspen

Back
Top Bottom