How do I clear up this congestion???

Quote:
I guess I don't get grossed out easily, because after watching that one, I watched five more!

Confused: Is it supposed to go straight through and come out the other nostril, or is it supposed to go out the mouth?

right behind your forehead are 1 set of sinuses.
when you pour the water into the one nostril it will go up yr nose and into your sinuses. this is why your nose must be lower then the pot cause water wont really travel "up"
so anyway it will flush out the sinuses and out the other nostril.

and i have a fear of drowning too but this feels nothing like it since you are not getting water in your mouth

when you are dont with the neti pot make sure you clean it
also it is normal for you to taste a little salt in the back of your throat
do NOT use plain water... always use the non-iodized salt (when you mix this with the water it is now saline)
neti pots are great if you work in a dusty environment, or have seasonal allergies too!

Last edited by a moderator:
Today's the day to try the Neti Pot. But I also have to steam clean the carpet today. I'm thinking the sweating and crying will dry me out a lot, so the neti may help. Or the crying will get everything out.
wink.png

DO NOT use tap water- especially if you have a well. I cannot believe this dude in the video used TAP WATER!!! My eyes watered for DAYS when I used our tap water!!! The softener salts DO NOT agree with your sinuses. Trust me
sad.png

I have a well- no water softner. I boil the water and let it cool to sterilize it. I also sterilize the neti pot from time to time I am going to buy distilled water so I don't have to boil. To me, when I foget to breath through my mouth when doing it does feel like your drowning- then I breath. IF it's running down your throat a bit tuck your chin tighter to your chest. Good luck, Keystonepaul

I tried the neti in the shower today, which was weird because the shower curtain was GONE (in the washing machine) and my 3-year-old insisted on 'taking a shower' with me. Nuff said on that.

I still have the taste of salt at the back of my throat every once in a while. It worked well, I only choked a few times before I got the hang of it. I'm going to do it again tomorrow but with distilled water.

It got me thinking.... wouldn't surfers never get sinus problems? Or even colds, maybe? If the claims are true, they should be testing surfers. I know I get plenty of salt water up my nose whenever I go to the beach! And that's just with me sitting on my towel.
tongue.png

Back
Top Bottom