How do I clip my chickens' wings?

I heard that a good way to keep my hens from flying is to clip their wings. I do not want them escaping their run. How do I clip their wings?
1700801046006.png
1700801060666.png

It's pretty simple! If you're afraid about doing it wrong there's a lot of video tutorials you can watch

I think I would hold off on the wing clipping until I saw one outside of the run, then only clip his wing (one wing). I have had chickens that easily flew over the fencing, so I know of the possibility, but the ones I have now don't even hop up onto a perch. It depends on the chicken,

I think I would hold off on the wing clipping until I saw one outside of the run, then only clip his wing (one wing). I have had chickens that easily flew over the fencing, so I know of the possibility, but the ones I have now don't even hop up onto a perch. It depends on the chicken,
Most of my chickens fly like crazy! Once I saw one fly like 12 feet across the yard. When I feed them, they fly like crazy by my head. It is annoying.

By the way I have 21 chickens, so an escape would be drastic! I just don't want them escaping when I get the orchard.:D

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom