How do I contact Greenfire farms?

Why are you so interested in Greenfire’s birds? Greenfire tends to lure in new poultry keepers with their rare, fancy, imported breeds, then hit them with super high price tags I’ve never seen anyone else use. I find that Greenfire uses hyperbole, perceived exclusivity, and pretty pictures, to make their birds seem better than they are.
But there are plenty of other breeds in the US that are just as rare but already established and are more important to our history. It would be a shame if they went extinct.
What about Dominiques or Faverolles or some other such breed?
What makes you interested in Greenfire specifically?
Greenfire is just more accessible and more well-known than niche breeders of breeds that are just as incredible, they just focus on perfecting one breed rather than starting a fad and selling a dozen breeds at exorbitant prices.

Why are you so interested in Greenfire’s birds? Greenfire tends to lure in new poultry keepers with their rare, fancy, imported breeds, then hit them with super high price tags I’ve never seen anyone else use. I find that Greenfire uses hyperbole, perceived exclusivity, and pretty pictures, to make their birds seem better than they are.
But there are plenty of other breeds in the US that are just as rare but already established and are more important to our history. It would be a shame if they went extinct.
What about Dominiques or Faverolles or some other such breed?
What makes you interested in Greenfire specifically?
Greenfire is just more accessible and more well-known than niche breeders of breeds that are just as incredible, they just focus on perfecting one breed rather than starting a fad and selling a dozen breeds at exorbitant prices.
Yes, there are other breeds in the US that are just as rare, and they might be more important to our history. But what about the history of other countries, other parts of the world? JUst because there are breeds that are important to our history doesn't mean we should neglect breeds from other parts of the world that deserve the same attention.

I am interested in their birds because I would like to experience what people around the the world, and throughout history have felt keeping their native breeds of poultry. As well as to make another source of these breeds in the future.

Dominiques and Faverolles are very nice breeds, and I would like them someday, but I don't just want to limit myself with them, our start out with only them. I would like to start with a number of breeds from around the world.

I am very aware of niche breeders, and I know that they are just as good, or better than Greenfir. But I would like some of the breeds that Greenfire offers because they are currently the only source of those breeds. The reason why I am so interested is because I would like to have some rare breeds from other parts of the world here, on US soil. Breeds like the Thuringian, Dandarawi, Kadaknath, Yeosan Ogye, Dongxiang, JiuHuan, Lushi, DOng tao, Shoukoko, Totenko,Ohiki,Onagadori, Dresender, Nagoya, Green-legged partridge, and the Polbar.

Unsolicited advice: :oops:
Research each breed you're considering so you know which ones will thrive where you live. Chickens from different countries are accustomed to different climates. Some mix well with different breeds, some don't. Some must free-range and others do well in a run...the list goes on.

I'll be interested in what breeds you do get. Keep us posted!

Unsolicited advice: :oops:
Research each breed you're considering so you know which ones will thrive where you live. Chickens from different countries are accustomed to different climates. Some mix well with different breeds, some don't. Some must free-range and others do well in a run...the list goes on.

I'll be interested in what breeds you do get. Keep us posted!
Thanks for the advice. I would keep you guys posted, but I am not able to keep poultry.

Back
Top Bottom