How do I cool down my coop?

I fortunately have electricity in my coop (it’s more of a big outbuilding) and I run a box fan in there, it’s set up in front of an east facing window that’s shady, and run the fan on low during the day to keep air moving and medium at night to bring the cooler air in. I have a few hens who are heat sensitive.

It's been kind of hot these past few days and I was wondering how to lower the temperatures in my coop? My poor birds really look like they are suffering, and I want to help but I don't know how. The coop has a 2 1/2 x 3' (estimating here) window that I currently have open. There are two coop doors (one is a house door) that stay open all day, but come evening, the window is the only thing I can safely keep open. How do I help with the temperature? I can feel the temperature difference between the outside air and the coop air.

My birds won't really drink. Should I force water on them? Or should I maybe float a frozen water bottle in their waterer?

Any tips or advice would be very welcome. Thanks! :)
Fr÷zing water bottles were well. We also have out water system on a pump with nipples. This with the water bottles works very good.

Back
Top Bottom