How do I design a coop?

Hello there! I own some cute little ducks, and I want to change their coop to a nicer, more comfortable design for the ducks. How do I start (look, I can build it from scratch, so there are no limitations)?

Welcome to BYC! @luishalson
Would help to know.....
Where in this world are you located?
Climate, and time of year, is almost always a factor.
Please add your general geographical location to your profile.
It's easy to do, and then it's always there!
1582204746865.png

Welcome to BYC! @luishalson
Would help to know.....
Where in this world are you located?
Climate, and time of year, is almost always a factor.
Please add your general geographical location to your profile.
It's easy to do, and then it's always there!
View attachment 2031068
I really really wish they would make this a required field! It seems that fewer people are adding their location to their profile now and it's so annoying when you're trying to help! We don't need the street address for heaven's sake but at the very least the state or country would be a big help!

Make sure you consider yourself when designing. ive had to remodel a few times to make myself happy

Make sure you can reach everywhere with a shovel and your hands. if theres a hard to reach area thats where they will lay eggs every morning

Make sure its easy to shovel the bedding out, and nothing you will bag your head on

They struggle on steep ramps and tall stairs, and i swear they trip over everything

They make tons of humidity even from their breath so good ventilation is a must

I really really wish they would make this a required field! It seems that fewer people are adding their location to their profile now and it's so annoying when you're trying to help! We don't need the street address for heaven's sake but at the very least the state or country would be a big help!
Sorry about that, I am based in northern new zealand.

Back
Top Bottom