How do I explain this?

Quote:
SEE sour! We both have monkey toes and get cold sores too...
lol.png
I'm gettin' scared...
tongue.png

I think we both are aware that we are more similar than different.
lol.png
Scary that there are two like us.
lau.gif
gig.gif
lau.gif

Quote:
if you go back further in the thread you will see I said the exact same thing.. they are not the same virus.. but after digging through my dusty books a but more i found out that thay are a related virus.. but one wont cause the other...

and yes I am a nurse too!

I apologize. I went back and reread what you wrote (which I had misread). You are correct in what you wrote....sorry about that....
hide.gif
I jumped the gun.
Just went through a horrible case of herpes whitlow on his index finger with my 3 yr old son. We have no idea where he contracted it from - no daycare or anything.... Thankfully the Zovirax cleared it up fairly rapidly although he did end up loosing his fingernail in the process.

no problem.... enjoy your weekend... its the last long weekend before our kids go back to school... oh how i love fall...LOL

Thanks for all of the info and support everybody.

I am upset bout it and vent here because I don't want DD to know that I am upset. I am just very matter of fact about it with her.

Blistex and Carmex seem to help if she feels the tingle. And the doc said her outbreaks would lessen as her body adapted. She has been vaccinated against chicken pox and reports are that this helps keep the herpes virus in dormancy more than happens with people who actually contracted chicken pox.

I worry most about the misinformation and stigma. But, we'll keep at it and hopefully she'll manage just fine.

Even more fun, now I think I might have it too.
hit.gif
I would never say anything about it to her!!!! But, I will be seeing the doc about it. I got the tingly feeling in my lip and plastered it with my own tube of carmex and it stopped.....
idunno.gif

when i was a teen and ppl said ewwwww you have herpes.. i would just make up an excuse and say no i was eating one of those jumbo freezies and it cut the corner of my mouth and i never got any flack after that it was usually awww darn i hate it when that happens... and yes we ate freezies all year around and still do...

I know its not nice to lie but some things are no ones business... the key it to catch it early and keep it small.

I would just call it a "cold sore", like we used to do, instead of "herpes". That is perfectly truthful and doesn't connote an STD.

I remember from 40 years ago, some folks just got cold sores. Like athlete's foot, once you got it, it would come back sometimes. Just talk about it that way and no one will pay much attention.

(Me, I have some kind of endemic ringworm. It just bursts out in sweaty summers. Luckily it doesn't seem to transmit to anyone else. Gold Bond powder helps keep it down, but nothing cures it...)

As a child used to get cold sores so bad they'd take over my upper lip and go up my nose. I've got some interesting scars from it too. I never have enough money for the topical stuff and I don't see a reason to take a pill for something that's only catastrophic about once a year. So I use cayenne pepper oil. Once I feel the tingle I dab some on it through out the day and it doesn't ever form a blister. It shortens the length if I do manage the blister, though the first application stings like the dickens, and makes it look less inflamed and nasty.

uhh Cold sores, since I grew up with them, I am very sympatiic..

They will get better with time..

I still get 1 to 2 a year.. It is always stress or health indiced.. Like now, if I'm not stressed and wake up with one starting.. You can guareente that I will be sick
sad.png

I know there are a lots of OC medicne that works.. You just need to find what works best for you...

As when I was young, blistics was ok, but then abreva came it, it kicks ass for me, but am not sure for you..

Everyone is different..

I remember one a few of my worst out breaks, very young here... Tonsils taken out, got cold big sore right after...\\\\

Also, my apartment burnt down, huge cold sore.. (Was about 18 here)

More recently, father died, huge cold sore..
sad.png

They seem to go right n hand with metal health

Hugs for you, it seems really bad, but can be controlled very well once your body has created a definse to them

hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif

Back
Top Bottom