How do I feed a sick chick?

Hi, I checked the FAQ and searched and don't see anything.  What is the best way to feed/water a sick baby?  One of my chicks from my Ideal order seemed OK yesterday, but is not moving around much or eating today.  I've seen it poop and it's bright green - like gro-gel (which they were shipped with), so I presume it's not eating anything.  I've been dipping it's beak alternately in Pedialyte and water to get it sugar, electrolytes and some water.  What else can I do for it?  How often should I be trying to feed it?

BTW, the Polish chick I asked about yesterday (almost died during shipping) picked up over night and is just FINE & rowdy as heck today.

Thanks,

Michelle

We soak the feed in milk and then warm it. If they don't eat it then force feed it to them with a syringe

All great advice! I am here because I came a few days ago to refresh my memory. Last summer I had 1 out of 10 that failed to thrive despite my best efforts (and 1 that was DOA). I have spent the past 4 days nursing a new little one but she/he passed this afternoon.

I ordered 5 hen chicks & 1 roo. I don't know the sex of the little one so not sure if I still have a roo or not. I name all my hens with flower names so I guess I may end up with a rooster named Lily lol

Back
Top Bottom