Solved How do I get a picture to show up on my article cover page?

Yah, this didn't make sense for me...didn't work for me, never got the "Set Cover Image" option. I'll keep trying/playing with it.
Try picking a picture in your article that you want on the "cover", save it to your drive, then upload it, just don't click the insert. Save, then you should see the set cover picture option.

@aart
Open one of your articles.
Right click on a photo...and click save image as... (save a photo to your desktop)
Then click EDIT....once you are in the "Edit mode"
Grab that photo that you saved onto your desktop and drag it into the "editor".
The editor is this/the box you type your words in.
After you drop that photo into the editor...any where into the editor..click SAVE CHANGES.
That photo will automatically be set as the COVER IMAGE.
If you want to change the cover image...you will need to "re add" more photos, and then you will have the option to change/SET COVER IMAGE.

Last edited:
Thanks all. I don't need to save the pic to my desktop it's already on my hard drive.
I uploaded a duplicate pic (in edit mode of course), saved, then edited again and deleted the duplicate and it stayed the cover...doesn't quite make sense yet, but I'll keep playing with it when I have time..... temporarily out of retirement and busy with a paying job this week, makes my brain hurt-haha!

Was in a long discourse about cadd software over the past couple days....
...sometimes software sh!t makes no sense at all and you just figure a way to work around it.

Thanks all. I don't need to save the pic to my desktop it's already on my hard drive.
I uploaded a duplicate pic (in edit mode of course), saved, then edited again and deleted the duplicate and it stayed the cover...doesn't quite make sense yet, but I'll keep playing with it when I have time..... temporarily out of retirement and busy with a paying job this week, makes my brain hurt-haha!

Was in a long discourse about cadd software over the past couple days....
...sometimes software sh!t makes no sense at all and you just figure a way to work around it.
Instead of looking for the original pic...you could just drag and drop one...it may save a few seconds?
I don't think it's necessary to delete it.

Instead of looking for the original pic...you could just drag and drop one...it may save a few seconds?
I don't think it's necessary to delete it.
It is if you don't want duplicate pics in the article...you could delete the new on or the old one, maybe.

Don't like how the new pics only show as a line of text instead of seeing the actual pic when in edit mode, in articles and in posts....so I deleted the new one from article body.
It still shows as an attachment outside the text body in edit mode tho.

I keep my pics pretty well named and organized in folders on my hard drive, they are pretty easy to find....old (good) habit from when I first stared using a digital camera a couple decades ago. I usually edit for composition and color/light balance, and resize file to less than 300K for uploads, if going to print then I keep a full resolution copy...old habit from dialup days and still no sense in unnecessarily overusing bandwidth and online storage space.

Don't like how the new pics only show as a line of text instead of seeing the actual pic when in edit mode, in articles and in posts....so I deleted the new one from article body.
It still shows as an attachment outside the text body in edit mode tho.
What do you mean?

Back
Top Bottom