How do I get Martha Stewart to stop talking! The ads driving me crazy help!

Merrymouse

Crowing
6 Years
Jan 8, 2017
Massachusetts
Is there a way to eliminate the ads or at least mute them? I think when they run they are also interferring with my ability to to use my keyboard. I have to keep resetting my cursor and its bothersome.

Thanks

I had a terrible time with that until I bit the bullet and bought a Golden Feather Membership. It's not expensive, it's available in the BYC store, and with it you can turn off the ads completely!! Best thing I ever did on BYC.

As I see it there are two drawbacks to the GFM....you have to use PayPal to pay for anything you buy on BYC, including the membership, and PayPal hates me! And there's no way to know for sure without asking when your GFM will expire, unless you have the memory of an elephant or there's some secret to it that I haven't figured out yet.

So that's what I'd do. This is a big site, with lots of members and lots of stuff going on. The folks who work hard to keep this site clean and civil (not that it takes much with most of the folks on here, they behave pretty well) are all volunteers from what I understand. Running a web site this big needs some kind of financial boost, which comes in part from those ads. A GF membership is a pretty small price to pay for all we get!

Is there a way to eliminate the ads or at least mute them? I think when they run they are also interferring with my ability to to use my keyboard. I have to keep resetting my cursor and its bothersome.

Thanks
AdBlock , google it. It will not allow the ads to load, works on Facebook too:) I do not see any ads, I can see it has already blocked 12 ads this morning.

Gary

Last edited:

Thanks
I upgraded to a GFM as Blooie said, best money spent and it keeps this wonderful site up and going!!

There should DEFINITELY NOT be any auto-playing audio ads. If there are, please take a screenshot and we'll do all we can to remove them.

In general, the ads (well, the ones that don't auto-play) are a vital part of keeping this site alive and free for millions of people.

Additionally, hopefully this helps:

Q: How Can I Turn Off Advertising / Advertisements On The Site? I saw some inappropriate ads, what should I do?
A: https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/...he-ads-on-the-right-of-the-page#post_10043121

it has happened to me a couple times recently, I will try to get a screenshot next time// I have had this ad on the top of the page with a pretty redheaded girl // mines not martha stewart, i think it was for an art show or something,, i just remember the girl lol anyway its a loud one that auto-plays

Last edited:
There should DEFINITELY NOT be any auto-playing audio ads. If there are, please take a screenshot and we'll do all we can to remove them.

In general, the ads (well, the ones that don't auto-play) are a vital part of keeping this site alive and free for millions of people.

Additionally, hopefully this helps:

Q: How Can I Turn Off Advertising / Advertisements On The Site? I saw some inappropriate ads, what should I do?
A: https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/...he-ads-on-the-right-of-the-page#post_10043121
Its an ad from Martha Stewart for some kind of dishware and its so annoying as it comes on every 5 minutes or less. So when Im trying to read or type it is very distracting. I dont know how to screen shot from my laptop. But it runs at the top of the screen and the very bottom and sometimes they both start running at once and I hear 2 Marthas selling dishware. I will happily upgrade to golden feather to support the site. I looked at that but I didnt see where quieting ads was one of the perks to upgrading. But Im off to do that now.

Thanks all

@TwoCrows Just fyi the link you provided did not work.

So I just bought the membership so how do I apply it to my profile and stop Martha from talking
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom