How do i get rid of it...*pics*

I once had an owl, a REALLY big owl fly slap into my windshield. It was about 3 am and when it hit it covered the whole windshield. It stayed on the hood of the care when stopped, and I thought it was dead, but then I saw it breathing a little (dark country road middle of the night...) so I gathered it tenderly up in a T-shirt. (Yes mine. It was the middle of summer so there was a bathing suit on.) I tucked it in the back seat and drove home, which was only about a mile, my brother had been just ahead of me, and was (is) really good at fixing animals, and he was in the kitchen when I rushed in carrying this HUGE owl. we put it on the table and he was checking the wings and all of a sudden "OPEN THE DOOR" He got it to the door and put it on the top step, just as it really recoved, and took off. Whoosh. What a beautiful sound.
Yes I got hollered at. If it happens again I'll put it in the trunk;)

Well that ramble came out of nowhere.... I can't help it I love owls and raptors. I keep the girls as safe as I can.

It looks like a Cooper's Hawk from that tail. I just had one like it swoop down on my chickens this morning but it was not succesfull. It didn't get a seconf chance because luckily I saw the whole thing go down and I ran outside and scared it away. I have seen two more souring over head today but they haven't gone for a second try yet.

Back
Top Bottom