How do I get the humidity up during lockdown?

HappyClucker7

Bantam Queen
7 Years
Apr 28, 2016
New York
I just put my eggs into lockdown, but I'm having some trouble with the humidity. I'm using an NR360 incubator, and I filled the second tray and opened the vent. But the humidity is barely at 65%. I don't know if it's because of the shelf liner I put in there, but I think there should be plenty of holes for the moisture to go through. So how to I get the humidity to go a little higher?

I always read it was supposed to be 70%? But if 65% is okay, then that's great. My only concern now is at night, because the humidity is always lower at night. It'll probably drop to around 61-62%, or maybe even a little lower, depending on how dry it gets. Is that still okay?

Are you trusting your built-in humidity gauge reading or do you have a salt tested humidity gauge added in your incubator?

I would not worry one bit more about trying to get it any higher than it already is.

Are you trusting your built-in humidity gauge reading or do you have a salt tested humidity gauge added in your incubator?

I would not worry one bit more about trying to get it any higher than it already is.
I have a separate, calibrated gauge, and it's giving the same reading as the built in gauge.

I hatch out at 40 to 50% humidity with zero issues.
Okay, that's good. I won't worry about it then. Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom