How do I know when they're pipping?

I never look for pips until I hear the chirping. Then I might glance through the window to see if I can see a small hole in the egg. But, honestly speaking, I try to stay away from the incubator until the hatching is in full swing. Gy the way, hatched out one quail and four chicks today. Next small hatch is due the 11th and final winter hatch is the 13th.

I never look for pips until I hear the chirping. Then I might glance through the window to see if I can see a small hole in the egg. But, honestly speaking, I try to stay away from the incubator until the hatching is in full swing. Gy the way, hatched out one quail and four chicks today. Next small hatch is due the 11th and final winter hatch is the 13th.

Wait, can you hear chirping even before pipping? I don't hear anything.
hmm.png
No pips yet either.
sad.png
No rocking, nothing. It's all exactly the same as when they first went in.

Quote:
my first two batches peeped and rocked when they were in the air cell before pipping, then a few hours later I had pop corn chicks hatching everywhere.

Worst comes to worst you can open up the bator (gosh forbid lol) and put the egg up to your ear and lightly tap on the egg, if you hear clicking, peeps or movement...then you'll knwo they're still alive in there.

Quote:
I know it's hard to not worry about them but just hold in there and wait a few more days (2 atleast if you can) you could wake up tomorrow with chicks in there!
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom