How do I know when they're pipping?

Quote:
That's awesome! Do you happen to know where he gets his poultry from? Like are they hatchery stock or does he buy from breeders? That would make or break me getting birds from him. I'd ask him myself but if you know offhand i thought i might as well ask you
big_smile.png

I don't know where all of them came from, however, I do know that he just paid $56/half dozen (or something like that) for some show silkie eggs. He also mentioned something about an ebay auction for other eggs as well, so I don't think any are really hatchery stock, but I could be wrong. I'd be willing to bet that most or all are high/top quality birds though. I just got back from his place, wish I would have read this post sooner, because I could have asked, lol.

They're pretty neat looking birds. His I think are silvers, unless if I'm getting confused (don't be surprised, it's been known to happen, lol). I personally like the other breed he has, I forget which it is, but it's a small black and I think white spotted (it may or may not have had white, my memory sucks) and it was just a ball of fluffy feathers.

Quote:
LOL sounds like bantam cochins, possibly mottled cochins from your discripton lol!
idunno.gif

oh just silvers....ehhh I was hoping he'd have the Blue laced red wyandottes to help my addiciton somemore LOL!!!
lau.gif

I think that is what they were, lol. He may have other wyandotts, who knows. I just saw one of his peafowl today, and this is the fourth time I was there. I still haven't even seen the entire collection, lol. Plus, the fact that I have no idea what I'm looking at even if I did see something. I just know some of them because he was giving me a tour of some of the birds, lol. I tried to remember as many as possible, to help connect others with him, but, well, I can't remember if/what I ate for breakfast, let alone all of the different birds that he showed me, lol.

I think I was wrong about the silvers. He just posted an ad, and there are silver spangled hamburgs, which may have been the birds that I saw, instead of the wyandotts... All that I remember is that they were chickens and they had silver legs... Lol.

Back
Top Bottom