how do i stop my dang rooster from attacking me?

should i eat him?

Yes. Period. He's a liability. What if he injures a visiting child? (He's already attacked your little sister's friend) That's a lawsuit waiting to happen.

I agree with some of the others. If he has attacked that many times he isnt going to take anyone seriously he already thinks hes alpa.....I would sell him mainly because I couldnt kill a chicken not even if it was mean! If you can more power to you....

I had a EE Roo who started to "confront" me at just 4 months old......you better believe it he lives with my friends hens and my friend doesnt go in with his very much. But the times he does he said that roo is MEAN!!!
hmm.png

ALSO: You dont want that roo breeding with your hens (if you allow them to hatch chicks) he could pass on aggressive tendencies....
hmm.png

JMO

We used to take the aggressive roosters by the legs and completely dunk them in the horse tank, just a couple seconds underwater. Rarely did it take more then one time.
My brother hit one in the head with a stick so hard he thought he killed it, a few minutes later is came to and never bothered anyone again.

Last edited:
Quote:
Glad to read this! I don't think he has tried to mate anyone yet, but believe it is getting close, so maybe he's just testing
fl.gif

Quote:
Okay, did NOT want to read that! Mine is starting to challenge me and tried attacking on Saturday, and is a Silver Sebright. I hope I can break him of it, because I think his tiny size is adorable, and he is so pretty to look at!!

I had to use my horses buggy whip to get mine to stop. Had to defend myself a few times & then he decided he didn't like to get whipped & now he doesn't. But I do know some roosters do not ever stop. You may want to make a yummy dinner instead. Good luck tho
smile.png

We had a very aggressive rooster that we were able to stop from flogging us by kicking him back with cowboy boots (I'm sorry but flogging is dangerous and it HURTS, and kicking was better than stewing, imo). In the end we sold him because he wasn't a good protector of his flock. His replacement is not aggressive toward us but is a fierce protector of his girls (MUCH better!) and we're happier all the way around. If your boy's not cluing in and you've tried to take the Alpha position, I'd rehome him (I'm not capable of killing a chicken or anything else for that matter).

Back
Top Bottom