How do I tame my chicks??!!

Bonnie @ 2 weeks old

Clyde @ 2 weeks

Bonnie @ 5 weeks

Clyde @ 5 weeks

These are my 2 EE's, i bought them straight run so anything goes still. Im thinking pullet for Bonnie, but Clyde is still confusing me... They way they grow is amazing! and the crazy part is im still able to tell them all apart and never marked them...the only ones that still throw me for a loop are the Barrd Rock chicks...they are so identical!
I think you have 2 pullets! They both look like pullets to me... Hope I helped!
wink.png

Now is when i start doing it off my fingers. Will dip my fingers in thier water then submerge them in thier feed...viola chicky lolli pops! I will do it on a couple fingers at once so the mob is spread out and not attacking ine spot! Guve it a shot...also makes you mive your hand around so they get used to that...i literally had to shoo one away from my hand when i was changing their water tgis evening!

That's an AWESOME idea! I've just been holding down a handful of their regular feed and most will flock to my hand, while some others veer off to the other side of the brooder until things calm down - but they're all coming up, curious. Some will even jump up into my hand and let me bring them higher up before they want down. Still having issues holding them for longer than a few seconds...they want to squirm and raise cane. Hoping one will emerge as a possible confidante soon, so the others will know I'm safe to hang with. I'll have to try your trick for sure!

When I put my hand in the brooder the chicks rush forward ( usually to see if I have any treats).My sicilian buttercup and blue orpington don't like to be pet very much, my 2 leghorns are fine with it the smaller one called Lime is especially tame and likes to follow me and she also falls asleep when you pet her!
lol.png

One thing I did was cut a side door in the brooder. That way, I was approaching them from he side, and they were less afraid. They're older now, but they used to bolt out of the door and into my hand! It was so cute!

Back
Top Bottom