How do I tame my killer rooster??

All joking aside this brings to hand the dilemma of people raising chicks and not knowing what to do with all those unwanted Roos. The average person out there isn't equipped to process chickens....
It doesn't take much to process one, just a knife and maybe pruning shears. I also bought a Metal cone where you stick the chicken head first...lets it bleed out without getting blood all over you. I learned from watching You Tube video's. Also you can ask folks on here, as well. I got about 4 roosters out of the 28 eggs I incubated and they're only about 2 months old now but the wife says they're big enough for her soups, so I'll be processing them and some of my pullets. Got my work cut out for me! :hmm

All joking aside this brings to hand the dilemma of people raising chicks and not knowing what to do with all those unwanted Roos. The average person out there isn't equipped to process chickens....
I’m lucky because my DH grew up butchering chickens and live stock. Going into raising chickens, I think people need to be prepared on how and what to do with certain situations.

However , I believe if someone wants to keep a rooster for the right cause , than find one that meets the manners you want in a rooster. I think much to often people hear a bunch of stories of roosters attacking people and think (well this must be normal ). It’s not normal . Roosters should not attack you, that’s not normal. And no, it doesn’t mean they should be your cuddle friend either. They are there to keep a distance and a watchful eye.

There are aggressive roosters and none aggressive roosters. I say pick your poison , if you decide to keep an aggressive rooster.

I’m lucky because my DH grew up butchering chickens and live stock. Going into raising chickens, I think people need to be prepared on how and what to do with certain situations.

However , I believe if someone wants to keep a rooster for the right cause , than find one that meets the manners you want in a rooster. I think much to often people hear a bunch of stories of roosters attacking people and think (well this must be normal ). It’s not normal . Roosters should not attack you, that’s not normal. And no, it doesn’t mean they should be your cuddle friend either. They are there to keep a distance and a watchful eye.

There are aggressive roosters and none aggressive roosters. I say pick your poison , if you decide to keep an aggressive rooster.
Well said!

Have a good butcher up the road

Must give him a call tomorrow for my wild boys...

Back
Top Bottom