How do I tell if my white geese are male or famale?

Girls are shy and sweet boys are loud and bossy.

Do some stay back? (girls)

Do some come up and talk to you a lot? (boy)

Are some more skiddish than others? (girl)

Are some really loud when something/someone new comes around? (boy)

That is all basic stuff that depending on the goose could be boy or girl just keep the above in mind as you whatch them. Also if you have a flock the boys will be up front the girls will hang back.

Yes please, what breed of 'white' geese? There are embdens, sebastopols, romans, and white chinese, which both males and females are white. Then there are pilgrims which have white males and grey females.

If they are embdens (the ones thought of as 'meat' geese) the females will usually have a pink bill and the males' will be bright orange. It's easier to tell if you have some of both sexes, the females' kind of look faded.

If they lay eggs, they're females.
hide.gif

I think theyre Embden's. ill take pics tomorrow in the morning and try to post them by noon my time. They are supposed to be 6 months old. One is a smidget larger than the other two and the orange thing on its head is also a tincy bit bigger. None are laying eggs but I think it's cause it getting close to winter. Most of my chickens have stopped. BTW, does anyone knowwhat kind of duck lays a green egg. The eggs resemble green arnacona eggs (easter eggs). They're mixed up ducks, but ill post pics of them too tomorrow. I also have a duck who lays goose size eggs, who could be doing that, Peking, Ancona, Runner, Swed, or Rouen? The eggs are 3-4 x's the size of a RIR chicken egg. It have to hold it with 2 hands. I swear it's a Dinosaur or ostrich egg.

Mrs. BJ Hensley Jr. :

I think theyre Embden's. ill take pics tomorrow in the morning and try to post them by noon my time. They are supposed to be 6 months old. One is a smidget larger than the other two and the orange thing on its head is also a tincy bit bigger. None are laying eggs but I think it's cause it getting close to winter. Most of my chickens have stopped. BTW, does anyone knowwhat kind of duck lays a green egg. The eggs resemble green arnacona eggs (easter eggs). They're mixed up ducks, but ill post pics of them too tomorrow. I also have a duck who lays goose size eggs, who could be doing that, Peking, Ancona, Runner, Swed, or Rouen? The eggs are 3-4 x's the size of a RIR chicken egg. It have to hold it with 2 hands. I swear it's a Dinosaur or ostrich egg.

If they have knobs (like the geese pictured above) they are not embdens. Embdens don't have those
ETA: These are embdens

DSC00020.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom