how do members become moderators?

Quote:
That should be a quote right there! Now this is starting to get off topic we should get back on topic. I think the mods have everything under control for now. We should appreciate what they do
smile.png
Now that this topic has been answered we should let it die out
smile.png

Nice parting shot frog. Congratulations! Maybe they can add moderator in training to your membership status. That would make us all feel good.

We don't have a problem with funny... that's why it has a section all its own.

We have a problem with breaking our rules. What some members find funny, others find offensive.

Remember, you guys don't have a CLUE about the complaints we get from members. In fact, a handful of people posting on this thread have reported that a post hurt their feelings or reported a post that they felt was inappropriate.

Bottom line: It is REALLY easy to be funny without being obscene, being rude, making fun of other people, or otherwise breaking our rules. There are thousands of topics / threads on this board that prove that.

The point: The BYC moderator's job is not easy and they are not making black / white decisions. BUT we do have (and have had) the best possible people as moderators that do a great job!

I want people to know that If my tone sounds rude or obnoxious I am sorry. The thing about computers is you cant tell sarcasm from being serious. I want you all to know that I love helping out everyone and giving advice. I hope I did not hurt anybodys feelings
smile.png

I only come in here to lurk most of the time. What I see from this board and other boards, is that moderators are people who lay low and just help. For example.

1) They respond to posts with helpful information.
2) They are not "well known" and honestly want to help first.
3) They don't ask to be a mod and are humble people.
4) They are mature and rarely play games or haggle with the moderation.
5) They are peace keepers who are good at biting their tongue even though you can see their frustration.

My guess is that if someone is TRYING to be a mod, they will never be one, as that is part of being humble.

Sorry if I broke any rules here by stating these things I have observed.

Quote:
100% Spot on! So far we've never invited anyone to be a moderator that has asked to be one.

Moderators are chosen for the reasons listed in many posts in this thread. In general, not because of the sheer number of posts, but because when they do post it is helpful, friendly, and level headed.

Back
Top Bottom