How do men do it????? But wait! There's more! Pg.3

gritsar

Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!
14 Years
Nov 9, 2007
SW Arkansas
I'm in the office, which is on the opposite end of the house from the living room. DH is in the living room, in his recliner, with his feet up. He's watching some program on the military channel.

Just now Jax, our older GSD, started heaving like he was about to throw up - right in front of DH. DH never heard it. I heard it from the opposite end of the house and managed to get Jax out the back door just in time. Truth is, I would have heard it if I had been sound to sleep - in the next county!

How can a man be so observant when he's working, yet so tuned out when he's watching TV?!?
roll.png

Last edited:
I've heard that men have tunnel vision - that they really truly don't "take in" what's around them if they are concentrating on something. Just the way they are wired.

Which makes them kind of cruddy babysitters, or so I've heard. Let's see, ball game on... junior setting the garage on fire... yup, ball game it is.

My question is how can a boy AND a man walk over the puke 10 times without "seeing" it or stepping in it? Hmmm........................... Could it be because if you "see" it you are supposed to clean it up
hu.gif
I am sure Mom will use this hallway some time today
lol.png

My son is the one who hears everything like this, not me, not his wife, not his kids. He used to be the one who heard the baby crying at night first. Actually, his father did, too -- one of the few things he was good for. I figure it's a matter of what he's tuned to.

hey sounds like my house!
roll.png

I hate it when you think you're starting a conversation then about 30 seconds later you get a big "huh?"

Back
Top Bottom