How do you candle with 46 eggs?

I wonder how to get the eggs all candled without letting them get too cold. If I take them all out they will get cold so maybe take half out and then do the other half? And when it is lock down I will have to take them all out so I can remove the turner. That scares me too. LOL
I think of it like this. Over the years I have used broody's to hatch eggs and they usually get off of their nest for 15 to 20 minutes daily to eat, drink and poop. I usually don't candle until I set the eggs for hatching. Haven't had a problem yet.

That's fine so however is most convenient for you just rest assured hens (I have 1) that seems continuously off her nest and hatches 100%. Also had eggs delivered to me in the rain that a friend's hen abandoned in a storm I put them under a broody hen and all hatched. I wouldn't sweat some time off the incubation

That's fine so however is most convenient for you just rest assured hens (I have 1) that seems continuously off her nest and hatches 100%. Also had eggs delivered to me in the rain that a friend's hen abandoned in a storm I put them under a broody hen and all hatched. I wouldn't sweat some time off the incubation
Thanks, that makes me feel better. I just read all these things that happen to the hatches and they don't know what happened and I get upset. lol I guess I need to stop reading about the disasters.

I wonder how to get the eggs all candled without letting them get too cold. If I take them all out they will get cold so maybe take half out and then do the other half? And when it is lock down I will have to take them all out so I can remove the turner. That scares me too. LOL
I have a cabinet incubator that has three separate trays for eggs. I only candle when moving the eggs to the hatcher. When I candle, I pull one tray out at a time, candle them and move the viable eggs to the hatcher. Each tray may contain as many as 72 eggs if the tray is full.

I have a cabinet incubator that has three separate trays for eggs. I only candle when moving the eggs to the hatcher. When I candle, I pull one tray out at a time, candle them and move the viable eggs to the hatcher. Each tray may contain as many as 72 eggs if the tray is full.
I do the same thing and candle one tray at a time when I move my eggs to the hatchers.

I have only one turner with 46 eggs in it and I don't think I can pick up the turner with the eggs on it. It is an older turner. Works fine but not really sturdy to pick up with eggs on it. I will have to move eggs off it one at a time.

A broody gets off get nest at least 30min once a day. I move the lid and leave the bator open while I candle then just return the lid and check it 30min later to make sue temp and humidity are correct. Less moving the eggs, less chance to drop one.

A broody gets off get nest at least 30min once a day. I move the lid and leave the bator open while I candle then just return the lid and check it 30min later to make sue temp and humidity are correct. Less moving the eggs, less chance to drop one.
I meant when I go into lock down. I have to take the turner out. So the egg have got to come off the turner then put back in after I move it out. I know it will work. I am just nerves because I want these chicks bad. LOL

Back
Top Bottom