How do you cook your pot roast?

On top of the stove with water.... Keep water in it and cover. (onions)

In the crock pot with cream of mushroom soup mixed with french onion soup (powdered). About an hour before its done, I'll add the veggies.

ETA - just as shown above! Easy and tastes great!

Last edited:
Dust lightly w/flour & season with Cavendar's Greek seasoning, brown in a pan & put into the crockpot with veggies (onion, carrots, celery, potatoes). Mix together about a cup of beef broth, worchestershire sauce, dash of hot sauce (I like Trappey's Red Devil), & about a tablespoon of catsup. Pour that into the pan & scrape up any bits of roast left in there, than add that to the crockpot. Cook on low 8-9 hours.

With Carrots, 'taters, onions, and turnips in covered roasting pain. Brown the roast first on top the stove. Add veggies. Sprinkle all of it with a capfull of Mrs.Dash Original. Roast in the oven at 250* for 4hours. It will fall a part and the gravy is AWESOME!!

In the crock pot with 3/4 glass of water and 1 package of onion soup mix.Cook on low all day .When I get home I add a brown gravy mix and let it make a gravy.
meanwhile I make the sides to go with it Or add a drained jar of carrots and a jar of canned Potatoes.Let it heat through and serve.

Last edited:
Cast iron dutch oven on top of stove. Salt and pepper roast and brown in olive oil. Put whatever spices you prefer on, 1/2 cup Dr. Pepper for tenderizing, lipton onion soup mix,worchestershire, ketchup, a tad of A-1, 2 cups of water. Cook for about an hour. In a skillet sautee sweet onion in olive oil with garlic until caramelized. add to roast with other diced up veggies ( taters, carrot, celery, etc...) Continue to cook on slow simmer for another hour or so. Uncover and cook down until gravy thickens. You can add a slurry of corn starch to speed this process if in a hurry.

This is excellent! Enjoy!

I have a recipe for the microwave (yes: I said MICROWAVE!) that I got years ago from a nurse I worked with.
Sounds odd, but it works - must be something in the oven bag...

Anyhow:
Dust the inside of a large oven bag with flour (or use a package of dry onion soup mix)
Put roast & vegetables (I like carrots, onions, celery & new potatoes) inside the bag & add 1/2 cup ketchup thinned with 1/2 cup water. You can also use Kitchen Bouquet and/or soy sauce thinned with water.
Tie bag shut & poke 3 or 4 slits in the bag to let steam escape

Microwave on High for 30 minutes (I swear it does NOT come out like shoeleather!)
Test for doneness by poking with a fork through the bag - add time, 5 minutes at a time - until done to your taste

You can turn the bag over 1/2 way through but some of the juices will run out & you'll have to wash the pan
roll.png

OR
You can just smoosh things around (wearing an oven mitt) inside the bag

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom