How do you cook your pot roast?

Quote:
This is dinner tonight the kids liking it sold me. My kids don't like very much:) Thanks everyone I subscribed to this as there was a sale on pot roast and I bought 5
smile.png
So keep the recipes coming.

I hope you like it like!

Fabulous!!!
droolin.gif
Kids did eat it.

I make a BBQ pot roast.

I dredge the meat in a flour that is seasoned with salt and pepper (of course you can add any spice combo to the flour.

I then sear the outside of the meat with some olive oil in a large non stick pan.

after I have all the meat seared, I add onion, carrot, and celery into the pan.

I usually add some water around 3 or 4 cups. (some one else mentioned beer. I will try that next time)

At this point I take it out to the BBQ and put a lid on the pan and simmer for a couple of hours.

I like to get chunks of Mesquite wood and smoke the pot roast.

I start mine on the stove top. I brown the seasoned roast well in olive oil, after first caramelizing onions in the same cast iron dutch oven. Then I add enough chicken stock to cover the bottom of the roast, season with more salt and pepper and pop it in the oven at 250 degrees for 2 hours (onions, roast, stock and all.) After the first two hours, I pull the roast out, add taters, carrots, herbs (i like rosemary or thyme) and cook for 1 hour longer. YUM. I have had great results with this technique using either beef or venison.

Back
Top Bottom