how do you feel about space exploration?

My opinion? I really enjoy my space explorations. I try to make a trip up there every few weeks. It's really nice in outer space. No traffic, crowds, noise, etc..very peaceful. I visited Mars & Pluto last month. Very nice this time of year.

I think that the Space Program has helped in ways people never imagined - it leads to innovation and better ways of doing things on earth. I would rather spend money on the Space program than welfare to people who refuse to work, or healthcare for illegal aliens. At least the Space Program contributes to life in general.

But with that said, I think almost all government programs need to cut back right now - and sorry to say that would include space. If every program were cut by 1/4 we'd be in good shape. But it would only make a difference if all the other spending was cut as well.

It makes no sense to cut NASA"s budget and then turn around and give special interests more - or keep providing illegal aliens with helathcare and education - or dish out funds to make yourself an airport so you don't have to be so put out when you fly to Washington to represent your "people".
roll.png

Edit to say: I think some of you are missing the actual point of NASA. Yeah, sure everyone wants to think about colonization and rocket ships (how exciting), but the more important thing going on over there is the the advancement of basic physics.

Do you or don't you want to understand the universe that completely surrounds you? Do you or don't you want to know which laws are right and which laws are not? Do you or don't you want to understand WHY Einstein's theories of relativity were both wrong and right at the same time?

Do you care that time slows down in certain situations? Do you care that quantum physics is borderline surreal? If not - well then I can see your view that the Space Program is obsolete and unnecessary.

But from a scientific point of view - the ONLY way to really take our understanding of the physical world to the next level is to go where we know nothing and can learn the most- and that is space.

Last edited:
" » how do you feel about space exploration?"

When kids have no books or space for school, young and old have no health insurance and working family's are loosing their farms and homes...I struggle with the relevance of the space program.

BUT...I also have the same struggle with the excessive waste in government (national endowment for the arts and other special interest groups)and moneys spent helping other county's instead of helping our own first, giving away free benefits to those who wander into our country like it's a free ride,

Guess you could say I am an Isolationist in my thinking, but we need to take care of our own here before we spend for others and that up above.

Spending money on any social program, good or bad, has nothing to do with Nasa and her budget.

Does anyone seriously believe if we CUT the space program budget that money would be used for healthcare or education? I think not.

Government simply doesn't work that way.

Quote:
No, I don't. But I do think it would work toward reducing our nat'l debt. Which, in my opinion, can only have a positive influence on remaining sectors.

Quote:
I think I have an idea to solve all of our problems. Cut spending on all welfare programs for people who won't work and cut benefits for illegal aliens, and take the money and spend it on space exploration. Then when we find that asteroid with the great natural resources, we can send the illegal aliens and the deadbeats up in space to mine it. Then they can finally pay the rest of us back!!!
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom