How do you get internet when DSL is not avaiable w/ home phone carrier

chickenzoo

Emu Hugger
14 Years
Mar 10, 2008
a bumpy dirt road in Florida
I have an old cell phone,.... hehe and DSL through AT&T at the house, aswell as a magic jack ... but where i'm moving to does not have DSL through At&T yet... so what are the other options for an old school country gal living in a more country place...... ?
big_smile.png

Our aircards plug directly into any PC or laptop, no router needed. The aircards are generally $50-60 per month but they're about the only reliable method of connecting.

Ah, the good old days. Dialup access usually runs about $9.99 a month. Both AOL and Earthlink still offer them. I held onto my landline for quite a long time just so that I could get online when my internet was down (which was quite often at the beginning). It comes with AOL's basic paid membership so IF you have AOL, you only need to upgrade your account.

http://www.earthlink.net/dialup/?gclid=CIOK5NCL8KkCFcTe4AodZU-MXw

I have a Verizon MiFi. Runs about $60 a month, pricey, but now that I'm spoiled, I'll never be without it! As many as 5 electronics can connect at one time, so we often have two laptops and my cell phone going at once. The great thing about the Verizon is that we can take it with us. Great for allowing kids (or me) to get on the internet when traveling and free WiFi isn't available (like on the road).

Back
Top Bottom