1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

How do you get quail to stop laying?

Discussion in 'Quail' started by navasima, Nov 9, 2011.

1. navasima

navasima Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 6, 2011
    New Mexico
    Order an incubator!! [​IMG] That's what did it for my goobers!!!

2. TwoCrows

TwoCrows Show me the way old friend... Staff Member

Mar 21, 2011
    New Mexico, USA
    My Coop
    Of course!! [​IMG]

3. Stellar

Stellar The Quail Lady

Feb 6, 2010
    Tampa Bay
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. Dingo

Dingo Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG][​IMG]

5. kahlertm

kahlertm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 28, 2010
    Durango, Colorado
    That was a good one. I opened it right up like, what? I need eggs like crazy...then the punch line. Fantastic! [​IMG] You got me good.

6. The Critter Place

The Critter Place Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 13, 2011
    Tucson, Az.
    Quote:[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

So,
    Are they over the shock and have they started laying again? lol...

What incubator did you order?

7. maizy'smom

maizy'smom Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2011
    Philadelphia suburbs
    Okay, call me gullible, but my firsts question was, "WHY?" I'm still waiting for the other two of my four LF to start laying. My mind just can't wrap itself around the concept of "Stop."

mm

ETA: But the concept of buying the incubator to get them to stop reminds me of when my son was 9 months old and still not sleeping through the night. So, I went out and spent $25.00 on a book entitled "How to Get Your Child to Sleep Through the Night," brought it home, sat it on the night stand, and, voila! Worked like a charm. Never did get around to even opening to page one. He slept fine from that day on!

Last edited: Nov 11, 2011
  8. bfrancis

bfrancis Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2010
    Okmulgee Co, Oklahoma
    maizy'smom :

Okay, call me gullible, but my firsts question was, "WHY?" I'm still waiting for the other two of my four LF to start laying. My mind just can't wrap itself around the concept of "Stop."

mm

ETA: But the concept of buying the incubator to get them to stop reminds me of when my son was 9 months old and still not sleeping through the night. So, I went out and spent $25.00 on a book entitled "How to Get Your Child to Sleep Through the Night," brought it home, sat it on the night stand, and, voila! Worked like a charm. Never did get around to even opening to page one. He slept fine from that day on!

[​IMG] Isn't that the way it always happens?​

9. wolftracks

wolftracks Spam Hunter

Nov 6, 2009
    Modesto
    I came in to see who the crazy person was. I haven't gotten an egg in a week!

Have fun with the bator!

10. navasima

navasima Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 6, 2011
    New Mexico
    Sorry! Was really just being whiny, not tricky. [​IMG]

Truth is, I had to change the Goobers living space, Fall is turning to Winter and they are either molting or having wicked pillow fights in there! [​IMG]

The woman I got them from is bringing me a Tibetan and an A&M White next week - one boy , one girl; not sure which is yet - and she said she'd bring me some eggs as well! No charge, just for me to try and hatch! Awesomeness!!!!!

Enablers everywhere!!! [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 11, 2011

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by