How do you guys keep the duck pool clean of poop?

CherpNPeep

Songster
Aug 8, 2018
Canada, Vancouver
So, my ducks love to hang at the small kiddy pool day besides the male muscovy and they be pooping in there 24/7. I feel loke at this rate, i'd have to chsnge the water 2 times a week. How do you guys keep it clean? Is it impossible? :barnie:th

I've got a small kiddie pool for my 6 girls. I change the water every night before I put them in their pen. Right now I keep 3 laundry soap buckets full for their drinking water during the day and use one of those to bale out the pool. It's easier because the buckets have handles. It only takes about 10 seconds to get 90% of the water out and I just dump the rest.

They aren't getting their pool today for the first time all year! It's 20° and I can't bear to see them splashing around in it.

Yep agreed impossible. I have a 50 gallon tank with a drain hose attached so it is no biggie when I need to clean it out. My ducks will not get near any water that is not pristine clean. Picky little cuties! My guys are not getting to swim today either though since it was 11 degrees when I crawled out of bed. Yuk!

With wind chill they said 9 below so looks like winter finally did arrive. Took a long time this year. I have 4 heated buckets for my flock sometimes the geese like to use them to bathe they can go through half a bucket of water in no time. Hey @quackiemama 11 is frigid too. Is this normal temps for you? This is Abby normal for us.

Back
Top Bottom