How do you guys take such good photos of your chickens?

I call the chickens and have treats behind the camera to get there attention (careful, cause speaking to them might get the neighbors attention too, if you're close enough ;) ). Another tip is to make sure the background is clear. I've gotten pics where the bird looks perfect, but the background is so distracting it ruins the entire picture. Grassy or green backgrounds are the best (I've gotten to the point of moving the chickens to the other side of the yard where it's grassy). Also, as other people have said, take tons of pictures and go down at their level.
Some weird/bad pics:
IMG_1030.JPG

IMG_1520.JPG
IMG_1629.JPG
IMG_5515.JPG
IMG_0396.JPG

My girls do not pose for the camera. They are either not interested or in the case of Meghen, Duchess of Sussex, far too interested (ie can I eat it?).
Admittedly I have just taken pictures with my rubbish phone camera.
Anyway, here is a selection of my total failure of a chicken portraiture portfolio. Feel free to add your own rubbish pictures to make me feel better.
View attachment 1699283 View attachment 1699284 View attachment 1699290 View attachment 1699292 View attachment 1699293 View attachment 1699294
:lau:gig:lau
I love your photos!!!!!!

Comical comments and horrible photos! :lau :lau

Lots and lots of pics. Patience, and making yourself invisible to them. Sit for a while before trying to snap any, until they begin to ignore you.

You can also try video, if you can pause and do screenshots (without a big pause button or triangle in the middle! lol)
These pigeon flight pics actually came from video:
IMG_1948.JPG
IMG_1949.JPG
IMG_1951.JPG
IMG_1952.JPG

Back
Top Bottom