How do you keep from obsessing about the health of your chicks?

The other things you will find to do, waiting until they are out of the brooder, joining them in the mornings outside while your drink coffee and share your breakfast, tell them about your day before saying "hello" to anyone else in the house, purposely growing vegetables or fruit not for you but for the chickens. You will find lots to do... for your chickens!
OH goodness this is so true! LOL! I have never had a hobby before, never really had the time. But I have been furloughed since March due to Covid 19 and chickens are now my hobby. I had NO idea I would love them so much. They are so fun and I have enjoyed every moment of it. Talk about obsessing....my husband said I was checking on our flock way too much (I was constantly peeking out the window to see all was ok and what they were doing) so I installed a web cam hahahaha! Now I can watch them whenever I want and he won't know about it. Now he can't tease me! Enjoy every moment. They are fun to watch and to see how they will have individual personalities. And be as obsessed as you want to. It won't hurt anything or anyone!

Would love any and all tips, commiserations, experiences about how to not worry over every single thing your chicks do!! I’m watching them al day and every time anyone acts even a little off, I’m obsessively googling. We did lose two in the first few days, one quite unexpectedly, so I think I have some nervousness from that.

Thank you!!

Oh this is so good thread I was a really crazy chicken lady when it comes to health of chicks when I was raising chicks I stay so nervous as. Newbie ..
But I always give whatever they want to like but keep adding herbs like garlic , coriander , mint , oregano in their diet to prevent some Infection in early young age.

Cooked garlic is a awesome home remedy for so many things and I personally see it heals cold , cough and sneezing , it also help with major Infection like Ecoli , Aspergillus & Cocci .

Sometimes they don't like to eat raw garlic so I found this interesting way to let them eat to just Slightly cook it

Back
Top Bottom