How do you keep from staring at them?

FrontPorchIndiana

Songster
11 Years
Mar 8, 2008
Indiana
Day 1. It seems my son and I can't help but take turns staring at our potential babies, then check the temperature, check the humidity, stare some more. At this rate we'll be on Prozac by next week.
lol.png

How do you all do it?

It's always nerve-racking, but the more times you do it, the easier (at least it was for me) it is to not get so obsessed until they go into the hatcher....then I have to start checking several times a day!!

staring at our potential babies, then check the temperature, check the humidity, stare some more.

That's exactly how I do it, LOL! It's exciting, isn't it? It will drive you nuts, you'll think you'll never get through the 21 days, then you candle and if you see something awesome like veining or movement, that sustains you a little longer. THEN, about the time you think there's no way you'll go through this ever again, they start pipping, then they hatch and you can't imagine NOT doing it again...and again....and again...............................
jumpy.gif

Quote:
That's exactly how I do it, LOL! It's exciting, isn't it? It will drive you nuts, you'll think you'll never get through the 21 days, then you candle and if you see something awesome like veining or movement, that sustains you a little longer. THEN, about the time you think there's no way you'll go through this ever again, they start pipping, then they hatch and you can't imagine NOT doing it again...and again....and again...............................
jumpy.gif

Boy you said that right.
barnie.gif
wee.gif
jumpy.gif
love.gif

You think it's bad on day 1 wait until day 21!! What a nightmare, but so worth it at the end
big_smile.png

Try waiting 30 days on goose eggs.
barnie.gif
I think I have a bald spot on my head from the just the past 2 days.

Good luck with your hatch! I have 2 different orpington hatches going now. We can all be hatch buddies!

Apirl 7th to the 12 I will have 3 hatches.
barnie.gif

So for right now I am keeping by self busy and only looking at bactor 2 times a day. Becouse when the 4th gets here and I start moving eggs I will not be doing anything but flatting my nose.
th.gif

There is no more a cure for this than there is for staring at your firstborn, all day every day. Just give in and enjoy it and pretty soon you will be sniffing with a hankie to your eye saying.... they grow up so fast.... I remember when they were just eggs.
hit.gif

Back
Top Bottom