How do you know when your pullets are going to start laying?

Thank you, everyone!

When I reach for her with my hand, she screams and runs, but that's what she always does. Bertha (the easter egger/ameraucana in question) and Felipa (the leghorn, whose name does not suit her and is likely to change soon) are very skiddish and don't like humans to mess with them. I can almost hear them saying, "Just open the door and put the food inside and go away quietly."

I don't know if she would really squat when I reach for her with my hand--she just runs to the end of the coop where I can't get her unless I crawl in and get chicken poop on my jeans, which sometimes I don't mind, but today I'm wearing new jeans I just bought Sunday & I can guarantee you I ain't crawlin' in that henhouse today! LOL!

I also need to find out what to do when it comes time to clip their wings. I'm so afraid of messing it up.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm reading through these and I can't help but get excited.... My hens are showing these very indicators... And my rooster Spike has taken a BIG interst in a few of the girls... He has no modistey... Mounted my poor Susie-Q right I front of my 7 yr old daughter... She goes.., 'Mommy, whys he sitting on her like that?'
1f605.png
lol.... Oh what to tell a little kid in these situations lol...

Back
Top Bottom