How do you like cooking your eggs?

How do you like cooking your eggs?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Pics
Fried in bacon grease, can't beat it.
Any thing fried in bacon grease is awesome... Pork fat rules... LOL. Though I do like eggs cooked IN Ghee...

Ever tried a coddled egg? Small jar filled with melted butter then set in a small pot with simmering water in it Drop in an egg and let er cook. Essentially making a poached egg... in Butter.... Havent tried it yet but it sounds awesome.

BTW you can coddle an egg in Milk or buttermilk too... I bet cream would be awesome....

deb

you can eat them in a couple of hours... but the longer it sits the more vinegary it gets. Ours never lasted more than a day or two. You can also add what ever herbs you like... I also like using a splash of Vinegar and oil dressing.. The non diet kind I have also poured in dill pickle juice...

For a light twist... you could chop em up onions and all and add to an omelet... Along with tomatoes and a bit of Parmesan.

deb
Thanks for the help! I'll have to try these once I start "trying" a garden again. The Japanese beetles killed everything last year. I even use pesticides :rant

So you just put it all in a mason jar then in the fridge?

How long do you let them sit before eating them?
We just put them in a bowl and cover them for a couple hours. Overnight is certainly best, but it's too hard to resist! Mason jar would work well, too. I always put Alpine Touch on them, but I haven't used it in so long. Maybe some garlic salt.

Any thing fried in bacon grease is awesome... Pork fat rules... LOL. Though I do like eggs cooked IN Ghee...

Ever tried a coddled egg? Small jar filled with melted butter then set in a small pot with simmering water in it Drop in an egg and let er cook. Essentially making a poached egg... in Butter.... Havent tried it yet but it sounds awesome.

BTW you can coddle an egg in Milk or buttermilk too... I bet cream would be awesome....

deb
They say duck fat is better. I don't know but we are going to try it when we butcher some ducks next year.

Thanks for the help! I'll have to try these once I start "trying" a garden again. The Japanese beetles killed everything last year. I even use pesticides :rant
Oh yeah I forgot the salt and pepper... Salt helps the veggies give up their water. and seasons it... YOu could also put in fresh garlic slivered or crushed

They say duck fat is better. I don't know but we are going to try it when we butcher some ducks next year.
Mucovies weigh in about the same as a small turkey about 14 lbs for males I dont know what the dressed weight is... But I do intend on rendering some duck fat..

Ooooh hash browns and eggs all cooked with a little dab of duck fat....

Back
Top Bottom