How do you like your egg salad Sammies!

Discussion in 'Egg, Chicken, & Other Favorite Recipes' started by CityGirlNoMore, Oct 11, 2012.

1. CityGirlNoMore

CityGirlNoMore New Egg

Oct 9, 2012
    We went away for a week and left my soon to be hubby at the farm. Well he got way more eggs then he could eat!

The kids were thrilled to see an overflowing fridge and bowl of fresh eggs!

So eggs every morning for breakfast and tonight it's one of our favs for dinner! Egg salad sandwiches!

How do you like yours!

I mix it with Hellmanns salt pepper, (sometimes some Cajun or hot sauce ) and either thinly sliced red onions or green.

Tonight it will be served with some lettus and fresh sourdough bread!

Yum!

2. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    We have what we call cheater egg salad sammies. Insted of boiling and peeling the eggs, we just scramble them fairly well done, then mix with mayo and mustard, maybe dill relish. On toasted bread with a little bacon or sausage patty...........that's a fine meal!

Oh, forgot to add the big ol' slice of home grown tomato this time of the year!

3. wyoDreamer

wyoDreamer Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 10, 2010
    For two Egg Salad Sandwiches: (I can only seem to make two at a time, one never truns out right)
    2 eggs hard boiled
    1 plop of Hellmans (I eat Miracle Whip for everything else, but it has to be Hellmans for egg salad)
    a squirt of prepared mustard
    a shake of salt
    a tiny bit of white pepper
    1/2 tsp of finely chopped onion - green onion is best
    If I am in the mood, I like to chop up a little dill pickle to go in there also.

It must be placed on cheap, store bought white bread. You know the tastless stuff that tears when you try to butter it.

4. Mtn Laurel

Mtn Laurel Chillin' With My Peeps

May 18, 2012
    Northern Virginia
    My Coop
    Hard boiled eggs, blob of Dukes mayo, finely chopped celery, little celery seed, a tad of homemade pickle relish, little salt and pepper.

On whole wheat toast with lettuce. YUM!

5. cheeka

cheeka Shutter Bug

Jul 1, 2012
    Greeley, Colorado
    hardboiled eggs, mayo, celery, mustard (or horseradish if I'm in the mood) onion, dill - definitely dill...

6. Carolyn

Carolyn Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2008
    Homemade mayo is my favorite along with a little pickle relish and horseradish. It is wonderful on toasted homemade whole wheat bread. It is absolutely awesome used as a dip with a large valdalia onion. Cut the onion in approximately 6 wedges and use the largest pieces for dippers.

For breakfast I fry an egg, place it on a piece of toast spread with homemade mayo on which I have placed several basil leaves. Top it with a slice of garden fresh tomato (I like Purple Cherokee or Brandywine) with a little salt. This winter it will be dried tomatoes.

I know you can't tell I like eggs sandwiches!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by