how do you like your eggs?

My kids favorite for breakfast is Daddy sandwiches...Hence dad made it for them first:)

you fry up an egg add cheese at the end if desired, and slap it between to slices of toast, one cinnamon and one jam.

My youngest is allergic to the egg whites, so a couple of the kids get just whites in their sandwich so the youngest can have the yolks.

My favorite is over easy eggs with toast.

Other family favorites:
scrambled eggs with cheese
deviled eggs
egg salad sandwiches

The later 2 are hard to come by...eggs disappear faster than we can let them set a week to hard boil them.

Oh yeah I totally forgot about deviled eggs. I love those things. And I've never heard of soft boiled eggs *embarrissed smile* and always wondered why hard boiled eggs were called hard boiled eggs.

I used to be a sous chef, so I'm always good for out-of-the-ordinary recipes.

We eat 'protein bombs' a lot- it's a hard boiled egg with the yolk removed, filled with hummus- preferably roasted red pepper flavor, though I make lots of different kinds of hummus.

We all like our eggs 'basted' in the morning, which is made like a sunny-side-up, but you add a tablespoon of water and cover it, so the steam cooks the white but leaves the yolk runny. My kids smash the whole thing with a fork and eat it with heavily buttered toast.

We also eat the pop-eye eggs, but always called them 'Peek-a-boo' eggs.

I make a lot of quiches, omelets, and 'Oops Omelets' which are just lightly scrambled egg dishes with other stuff tossed in. Our favorite is fresh dill, smoked salmon and goat cheese.

Our favorite quiche is tomatoes, spinach, and herbed goat cheese. Lotsa garlic in everything, of course....mmmmmmmmmmmmm!!

Now I'm hungry!

Quote:
Soft-boiled eggs are typically cooked by placing the eggs in a pan of boiling water and then simmering.[1] British cook Delia Smith suggests placing an egg in cold water, bringing to the boil, and simmering: 3 minutes for a very soft egg, 4 minutes to make sure the white is set, and 5 minutes for an almost-set yolk.[2]
Soft-boiled eggs are not recommended for people who may be susceptible to salmonella, such as very young children, the elderly, and those with weakened immune systems.[3]
[edit]Serving
Soft boiled eggs are commonly served in egg cups, where the top of the egg is cut off with a knife or egg scissors, using a teaspoon to scoop the egg out. Other methods include breaking the eggshell by tapping gently around the top of the shell with a spoon,[4] and even cutting the egg lengthwise as to produce two halves making it easier to scoop the egg from its shell.[citation needed] This method requires a horizontal egg cup to keep the egg from rolling around on the plate. Soft-boiled eggs can be eaten with buttered toast cut into strips, which are then dipped into the runny yolk. In the United Kingdom, these strips of toast are known as soldiers.[5]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boiled_egg

I like any eggs that someone else cooks!

Our friend from France makes the most amazing scrambled eggs with cheese and herbs. Just thinking about it makes my stomach rumble.

Everybody's got a different name for the pop-eye eggs. In my household, they're called German eggs. A German neighbor used to make them for my father when he was a boy and she called them that. We drizzle syrup on top of ours. If you haven't tried it that way, give it a shot before you shoot down
smile.png

Sometimes I like to put scrambled cheese eggs on top of a piece of toast with a little honey drizzled on it. I'm into the salty/sweet combination thing...can you tell? Too much Top Chef on my Tivo...

My fav is over medium, but I will take eggs anyway you can give them to me, except raw. Soft boiled with buttered toast broken up in it, cheddar, bacon and avocado omlette, scrambled with cheddar - sharp of course, etc., I have always loved eggs.

Back
Top Bottom