Show off your duck egg meals and/or baked goods!

Nov 22, 2023
Northeast Florida
So my ducklings are just three weeks old--we obviously don't have eggs yet. But to prepare for them to start laying, I searched the forum for "duck egg meals" and "duck egg dishes" and didn't have any luck. I'd LOVELOVELOVE to see photos of your scrambled duck eggs with toast and (meat- or soy-based--we're not picky!) bacon, duck egg omelets, duck egg custard pie, duck egg fried rice, pancakes made with duck eggs, fried duck eggs with RUNNY YOLKS, quiche, cake, muffins, duck eggs benedict, hard boiled duck eggs on all the salads, DUCK EGGNOG (omg is this a thing?!), French toast, deviled duck eggs, traditional ramen with those marinated (duck) eggs, SHOW ME THE FOODS!

I'm thinking this can just be some kind of ongoing thread full of duck egg food pics!! So newbies, like me, can get hungry some inspiration! Feel free to post old photos, new photos, photos of food being cooked RIGHT NOW...I think I need some breakfast, haha! 😄 😄

Wait a minute...I thought ducks still laid eggs in the winter! What gives?! 😆
They do when they first start to lay my Runners when they started laid 18 months straight now 7 are going on 8 yrs old 2 are going on 5 and then my Muscovy are 12.5 yrs old my youngest just turned 3 months so no telling when I'll get eggs again. Here we are almost mid December and I still have chickens and ducks in molt never has this happened.

They do when they first start to lay my Runners when they started laid 18 months straight now 7 are going on 8 yrs old 2 are going on 5 and then my Muscovy are 12.5 yrs old my youngest just turned 3 months so no telling when I'll get eggs again. Here we are almost mid December and I still have chickens and ducks in molt never has this happened.
Oh yeah, I forgot that they don't lay when they molt! About how long does that take?

I'm getting one egg every other day or so, from one of my nine runners, and this is the first time my ducks have ever laid in the winter. I froze some eggs this summer to get us through the dry period. First time doing it. Haven't tried thawing and using them yet. 🤔 My Bielefelder chickens are also slackers, seven months old and haven't laid a single egg yet.

Back
Top Bottom