Show me where your ducks lay eggs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Isadora

Toadally awesome 🛸 🏴‍☠️
Mar 29, 2021
Indiana
Hey guys, I need some ideas for The nesting area for laying ducks. I have three pekin hens and 13 runners that are laying right now. I have a movable coop so the floor is just dirt covered with straw. I tried a couple of low lipped boxes in there, but they aren't heavy enough they just get knocked over and trampled, Plus I'm guessing the ducks had a hard time getting into them due to their feet.
Please show your pictures of where your ducks lay eggs (or just share any ideas you may have if you don't have photos) and hopefully I can have some suggestions for what I can do for them. Right now I have to kick around and dig through the straw to find all their eggs. Quite a chore, and it makes the eggs a mess.

That is better than what mine are doing right now. Most of the eggs are being laid in the pond. I will be watching for others ideas.

I used a plastic dog house, just make sure you have enough for the number of ducks and also make sure that they are a little bit short length wise because reaching back there can be difficult.

Ooh! Or make a door in the top of it to reach in and grab the eggs! I'ma be doin that to mine now😂

Hey guys, I need some ideas for The nesting area for laying ducks. I have three pekin hens and 13 runners that are laying right now. I have a movable coop so the floor is just dirt covered with straw. I tried a couple of low lipped boxes in there, but they aren't heavy enough they just get knocked over and trampled, Plus I'm guessing the ducks had a hard time getting into them due to their feet.
Please show your pictures of where your ducks lay eggs (or just share any ideas you may have if you don't have photos) and hopefully I can have some suggestions for what I can do for them. Right now I have to kick around and dig through the straw to find all their eggs. Quite a chore, and it makes the eggs a mess.
I use the blue/black recycling tubs. They are open on one side and stack which means small feet. The lid comes off with makes gather eggs easy. Also keeps them dry. I have 3 in my pen. for 8 ducks 7/1 ratio.

I use the blue/black recycling tubs. They are open on one side and stack which means small feet. The lid comes off with makes gather eggs easy. Also keeps them dry. I have 3 in my pen. for 8 ducks 7/1 ratio.
Do you have a photo? I can't picture what this looks like.

When I had ducks they free ranged. I've found eggs all over the 90 acres.
Our ducks have a very large fenced area so I occasionally find an egg in the yard, but they are cooped every night and usually lay all the eggs before I let them out in the morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom